Sunday, August 17, 2008

Road Trip

We are back from Udaipur. It was a lot of fun but now I have a bunch of stuff to catch up on. Things like laundry, grocery shopping and going through all of the many pictures we took of our trip. Once we get the pictures under control, I'll post about our trip in detail. For now though, I'll just say we had a lot of fun while still having a relaxing trip. Anna did fabulously especially considering the lack of napping. I fully expect her to sleep all day today.


One thing I did that I will talk about today is I started a book. In the lobby of the hotel, they had some books in different languages and I found The Friday Night Knitting Club which I have wanted to read. On Saturday night, I put Anna to bed early while the other people stayed out later. While I was just hanging out in our room while she slept I started reading (which is why I volunteered to go back to the room). I've missed reading. I haven't read a book since the week after we got here and it was a lot of fun. The book is pretty good too even if I am not quite half-way though. I am a little worried that the main character's daughter is going to die or something like that. On the cover, it was compared to Steel Magnolias and the back mentions something about the unthinkable happening. Hopefully not though. Unfortunately I had to leave the book at the hotel. I have high hopes that I can find it in a bookshop here though and will look for it the next time I go to the store. They do have American books and as it was a New York Times Bestseller, I'm pretty sure they will have it.

No comments: