5 days ago
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Stupid Rain
It has rained steadily since Tuesday morning. Apparently the monsoons have finally come in earnest. They were a little slow starting. People were saying that it was being unusually dry. We didn't mind so much. Now, no more dry weather.
I wouldn't mind this time except that I was planning on doing laundry on Tuesday. In fact, I kind of had to, we were running out of clothes. The problem is that with the lack of a dryer, I can't really do laundry when it's raining because the clothes never dry. I put it off as long as I could to see if the rain would stop and it would clear up but it never did. Eventually, I had to wash a mini load of essentials and put it out to dry overnight and hope it would get dry.
Come morning, it was mostly dry but not quite. So I left it out to dry more. Unfortunately the rain wasn't done and the wind blew it past the over hang and onto the clothes. I think they were actually more wet when I took them down before going to bed last night than they were that morning. We took them down because we realized that they were never going to dry if we left them out so we brought them in and hung them over our chairs. This morning they are almost dry.
I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do now because we are actually going somewhere this weekend. For reals this time, we have the hotel reserved. Friday is the Indian Independence Day so Jason has a three day weekend. A bunch of people from his office (the Americans and Grace and her family) are going to Udaipur in Rajastan and they talked us into going too. We weren't sure if we would be able to get away but then they changed the due date for the project Jason is working on so we are out of here.
They rented a car for everyone (it's about a four hour drive) and had gotten rooms at this one hotel that was really cheap (700 rupees a night, about $18) and that made us nervous. So rather than get a room there too, which would have been convenient but potentially scary, we found our own place that looks great and is not too expensive (2500 rupees a night, about $60) and has all positive reviews. Jason was sold on the fact that it has a spa, he's already planning on getting a massage. We also talked two other people from our group into going to this hotel also (they hadn't yet committed to the other hotel). I am so excited. I think it's great that we are going with a group, part of which speaks Hindi which I think will be really helpful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment