I am the daughter of a self-proclaimed black thumb. Growing up back east, my parents liked the weeds in the flower beds, confusing the rest of us by calling them 'ground cover'. Fortunately the plants in that yard were hardy and able to grow on their own because we sure didn't do much for them. Because of all of this (and the fact that I haven't lived somewhere where I could have a garden), yards and gardens have always been a bit of a mystery to me.

Fortunately, I married Jason. His parents have a very nice yard and are have been known to eat vegetables and fruit that they grew and canned themselves. So when the Kleinmans left for vacation a little bit ago, he knew just what to do to put in some big plants by the walkway to their house.

He even knew about making sure there was a drip line to all of the plants. They are alive and well to this day. What a smart guy.

And Anna was able to help him put things in the bucket. I didn't realize I didn't have any pictures of faces until just now. At the time I was just glad Anna kept her hat on. Trust me, they were having fun. It reminded me of some pictures I have seen of Jason helping his dad working in the yard at about this age.

Experiences like this give me hope for our future house. Maybe it won't be a total disaster. Maybe our kids will know what to do when they have houses and enjoy gardening. Or maybe they will just remember having fun with their dad and working hard outside.
1 comment:
Dang cute pictures. I was wishing our yard (and house) came with an owners' manual, and Uchenna pointed to a house across the street where the boy was helping his Mom edge the lawn or something. "That's the owners' manual," he said.
Post a Comment