Friday, July 31, 2009

The Beach

Anna in her oh-so-cute beach outfit from her Grandparents in Hawaii.

Seeing as we are in California and it's summer, we have been able to spend a bit of time at the beach. Fortunately, Anna loves it. The water here is cold (less than 60 degrees) so we generally don't actually get in the water but we have a lot of fun playing in the sand.


I think it's ironic that with Anna I suddenly enjoy doing things that I didn't use to. The beach is another example. Generally I hate sand. I'll refrain from my tirade now, but seeing as Anna is liking the beach, suddenly I do too. Go figure.

Since Anna is Anna, she likes to play with the other kids that are there. They very nicely shared their sand toys with her.

This beach also had some great rocks to play on. There was a big rock that the older boys were climbing on. Naturally, Anna wanted to climb it too so I put her on it a little way up. To my surprise, she kept climbing and ended up at the top. Seeing as she was higher up than me at that point, I thought it a good idea to climb up after her. I don't know why I keep getting surprised at the things she can/wants to do. I guess that's parenting.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That is quite an outfit. What a fashion diva!