Monday, July 6, 2009

Graduation

Almost a month ago now, we were able to celebrate Jason's sister's graduation. She got her bachelor's degree from Cal Poly in forestry.

Us with Ann, the graduate.

The graduation was on Sunday with the university-wide one in the morning and the school one in the afternoon. Since I have a one graduation a year limit, we decided to skip the university-wide one and meet up with people for the school one after church. But when we got there, they were done. Apparently, the big one wasn't as long as we thought it would be so they just went straight to the school one and finished with that one too. We arrived just in time for pictures. I can't say I was sad to have missed it.

Jason with his two siblings. He is the oldest.

After visiting Ann's building at school, we went back to the house and hung out until dinner.

Anna had a ton of fun with Grandpa DeMarco in the fountain.

She was so wet that we had to put her dress in the dryer and let it dry in the sun on the way to the restaurant.

Me with Jason's mom Marla and Aunt Pat.

That night for dinner, we had dinner at a nice restaurant (where Jason's brother Nathan works). It was to celebrate both Ann's and Jason's graduations and we had local aunts and uncles there along with some friends.

Jason's Aunt Linda and Uncle Roger

From left to right: Roger, Jason, Frank (Jason's dad), Nathan and one of Ann's friends (I don't remember his name).


Anna liked the cake the best. She was sitting on Ann's lap (yeah, the whole Anna, Ann thing can be a bit confusing) when she got her piece and before too long Anna had usurped it as her own. At one point, she had even gotten her own fork.

We tried to give Anna her own smaller piece. I think she ate that one too. I'm not exactly sure how much each of them ate but by the end, both plates were licked clean.

Pretty impressive considering the cake was so dense and rich that many of the adults couldn't finish their piece.