We had an exciting week last week. Kristen and Nathan and Luke went to Kentucky to be with Nathan's sister's family whose husband/dad has just been diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer. Nathan actually went out the week before and was there for two weeks. Kristen joined him for Tuesday through Saturday of the second week and they came home together. So, Jason and I got to be the parents for that time.
There was some question as to if she would go or not. Before she left, the whole family was sick (see her blog about it) including Luke. We were concerned about taking Luke, with his having just been sick, to the house of a man whose cancer is in his bone marrow and is probably a touch immuno-suppressed. After talking to them, they thought it would be ok. We weren't as concerned about leaving sick kids because they were all pretty much better and going back to school by then.
Understandably, I was a bit nervous about the whole thing. Although we have been here a while and I know the workings of the household and the kids are used to having us around, they can sometimes be too used to us being around (as in no longer listening when I try to tell them to do things, I have become background noise at times).
Surprisingly, the week went really well. The kids had off school on Wednesday for Veterans' Day so we took them to the park. We find they are a lot easier to watch outside of the house (and less messy). They also had a half day on Friday because it was the end of the term. We decided to just play at home rather than try to do something. Then on Saturday we went to the beach to play at the dunes again.
Since it has been so long now since it happened (sometimes I think that I shouldn't start blogs unless I can finish them then, this whole getting back to it seems to not work) I can't remember too many particulars of the week. What I do remember is right before Kristen left, I prayed to have things go well. Then, on Thursday while making dinner it occurred to me how well it was going. That night, during my prayers, I was thanking for how well the week was going and the thought came to my head that this was a direct answer to my earlier prayer. I love it when the answers to my prayers are pointed out to me. It helps me remember just how much the Lord is watching over me and helping me in my life, even in the little things which can make a huge difference.
4 days ago

1 comment:
I was thinking about you during that week. I'm glad it went well, even if it had to take a little divine intervention.
Post a Comment