Thursday, February 10, 2011

#10 Opera

When I was in high school I saw La Boheme with my family and I loved it. In college I bought an opera compilation cd for my parents for Christmas. To make sure it was good, I listened to it while studying for finals and fell in love. Now I own my own copy of it. I love how so much emotion can be conveyed without even knowing what they are saying. I love listening to it in the car (the only place where I have surround sound) and turning it up really loud and just feeling the music. Anna likes it too. She will sometimes choose to listen to it in the car. I think Puccini is my favorite composer and here are a couple of my favorite songs:

2 comments:

Jen said...

I don't know much at all about opera, just recognize a few of the most famous arias, but I like the emotion, too, and how rich and full the music is, especially the vocals (which is the point, I guess).

Jen said...

And I like how absolutely transporting it can be.