Thursday, May 17, 2012

Funny Anna

Dude, this is my 400th post!
You can never have too many accessories
Anna has always been funny. Now it's really funny to see how her mind works as she makes connections and asks questions. Here are some of my favorite most recent comments from her.

We went to visit some friends who just had a baby. Anna explored their apartment and saw a diaper bouquet that someone made for them. She said, "You put your diapers there? My mom puts them in the trash." The best was that she said it completely without judging. As if this was just another acceptable option. So there TIME magazine.

I was singing "Summertime" to Brian. (Back story: My mom sang it to us as a lullaby and I love it, it just makes me feel safe and like all is right with the world. We haven't been singing it to our kids until I realized they don't love it like I do. Now I'm incorporating it into our nighttime singing so they have that.) Anna asked me to sing the "spread your wings part" so I sang from there to the end. When I was done she asked me if that song was real. "Will I really turn into a bird someday?" I had to tell her no, it was just figurative.

The Bishop Museum has a traveling exhibit on the body done by Sesame Street (more on that later). They have a section about digestion complete with a lever that makes a fart sound and you see fake poop passing through (I told Brian he would probably love that in a few years). As we were leaving, Anna told me she didn't like that part because it was disgusting. When we picked Jason up from work, she told him, "One part was disgusting but I could handle it."


2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Love it!

Jen said...

She's a kick!

Wasn't that same exhibit at the SLC children's museum a couple of years ago?