4 days ago
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Other than the plane part, that pretty much sums up our coming weekend. Jason is taking Monday off work and we are leaving tonight to take an all night train to Delhi. (Side note, Bindu said it used to take 3 days in a non-A/C coal-powered train. When they got there they would be completely black from all the soot because everyone wanted to sit by the window.) From Delhi, we have hired a car and a driver to take us down to Agra where the Taj Mahal is and then it's off to Jaipur. From there, we come home on another all night train.
It's going to be a LOT of time in the car but that seemed like a better idea than taking the train. Plus, Bindu and Grace are worried about us enough as it is. They might just die if we were on the train and had to use rickshaws to get around at our different locations. Yesterday Grace was giving us advice along the lines of "don't trust anyone". She even asked the driver to follow us when we were going around in the different cities and make sure we were safe.
I'm really excited to do this but a little apprehensive at the same time. I've never been on a train before and don't really know what to expect. We do have places to stay which look good but somehow our schedule is such that we do an obscene amount of driving on the middle day. Hmmm. Plus, I have a lot to do today before we leave.
So we are off to exotic locations (although the longer we are here, the less exotic the locales seem) and I will be back on Tuesday and will eventually tell you all about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What an adventure, I still can't believe you're there! I think listening to Bindu and Grace is a good idea :)
Everything you do sounds like so much fun. I am jealous. Keep living it up.
Post a Comment