Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crawling and Other New Anna Things

I got the video to work! Now you can all see her crawl.

Her is Anna demonstrating her new found mobility. She's been doing this for a little while but I finally got it on camera. She is getting faster at it. Fortunately, not so fast that I can't get to her before she gets where I don't want her to get (such as down the stairs). Although when she wants something, it's getting harder to keep her from it, especially now that she remembers things after we hide them (darn that object permanence). Jason had to construct a barrier between her and the corner where we keep all the toys.

I can already tell that walking is not far behind. She stands so much it's almost hard to get her to sit (I read a headline for an article that said "Encouraging your baby to stand" and I just chuckled) and is cruising along the furniture. She also walks quite well while holding onto our hands. Jason says we need to start pushing her down.

A couple of other things she does now, she is starting to wave. I was out with some friends and they were holding her while I went to get something. When I came back, they said she was waving at some Indian ladies. I guess she recognized their clothes and felt like she knew them.
For reasons unknown to us, she is starting to growl. We have NO idea where this came from because neither of us growl. She's all set to meet her Tartini cousins now. She also will talk but move her hand back and forth over her mouth while she does it. I think she picked that up from me. When she wanted to be loud in places where she shouldn't be, I would put my hand over her mouth and quickly take it away. She started making noise on purpose to hear it. I'll see if I can get that on camera. It's pretty funny and Jason laughs every time she does it to herself.

She also has four new upper teeth making it a grand total of 6 in her mouth. She is no longer allowed to chew on our fingers. The top ones all came in within 2 weeks of each other which really disrupted her sleeping. Now that they are all in she is sleeping fine. I had hoped there would be a bit of a break before more teeth came but she is drooling and chewing again. Hopefully that phase will last a while.

1 comment:

Amanda K said...

Caleb has growled since he was about two months... I have no idea, but it usually makes people laugh. Oh well...