The other day, for my weekly trip into town, Anna and I just walked around. The weather was so nice I even took my jacket off at one point. We visited Buckingham palace and got there just as the changing of the guard was ending (oh well, I wasn't trying to get there for that so I was pleasantly surprised).
The guards as they were leaving.Then we walked through St. James Park which is right there and then down to the Thames River.
The view of the park from the far end. Through the trees you can kind of see Buckingham Palace.We ended the day walking along the south bank for quite a way before catching the train home. Again, we can have Anna play tour guide.
Here I am in the middle of the bridge to cross the river. Naturally, the sun came out just before the picture but that didn't stop Mummy from taking it. You can see the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben in the background.
And here I am at the end of the bridge. Mum thought it was a cool looking bridge. I thought she was being silly.

Along the river at this point were a bunch of street performers who wouldn't move until you gave them money. Mostly they were painted all gold or silver (one was even blue) and dressed in period costumes. Mum only took a picture of this one because the hand was actually playing the guitar.
I got out of the stroller to see this other bridge (what is it with her and bridges?). This one is the Millennium bridge and it's just for pedestrians. The ground was really cool and ridged and I didn't want to hold still long enough for the picture to get taken, I wanted to explore. Mum wouldn't let me do that though, how unreasonable. The dome in the back is St. Paul's. This bridge is cool too but you can't tell because of all of the people on it.
We also visited the Globe Theater. It made us think of Uncle Ben, especially as there was a pub next to it called the Swan. Someday Mum says we will take the tour that goes inside it but for now, we just saw the outside.So those were the highlights of our walk. It was a lot of walking and started getting chilly by the end of it but was fun to see more of the city.


No comments:
Post a Comment