Friday, October 24, 2008

An Ode to Jason


Today is Jason's birthday so I'm going to take some time and sing his praises. Last night, Jason was saying maybe he should start a blog in which he would write his opinion about everything. And boy does that man have opinions! The thing is, while they would probably not be all that popular, they are very reasonable and well thought out. I usually agree with him. He can be a touch inflammatory at times but that is only because he stands by what he thinks and doesn't apologize for what isn't very PC.

He can be very focused and driven and intense. Sometimes, this can be a problem like when he is around people who aren't as intense and gets annoyed. Generally though I think it's a good thing as it leads to his being a hard worker. And what a hard worker he is! People can't seem to believe how much time he spends at school/work. Ironically, he isn't there as much as other people in his class but he gets more done. We're not sure why they are there if they are only going to fool around but oh well. I guess they aren't at intense as he is.

Jason seems to think it's his fatherly right to tell bad jokes and puns. Fortunately for him, I think he's hilarious (bad jokes aren't the only ones, he says genuinely funny stuff too). He is thoroughly enjoying being a father. Anna cracks him up all the time. Just yesterday, she was talking and he was just laughing at her. He is great with her and she adores him. When we go in our room and she sees him in bed, she just laughs. Same for when he comes home. The other night he had to stay late and I think she was sad that she didn't get to see him before bed. They have a lot of fun together. He does this thing (scares me to death, I'm able to not say anything any more) where he takes her by the ankles and swings her around like a pendulum. Naturally she loves it, laughs the whole time.

He has quite a sense of style. He loves colors, especially orange. Naturally, winter is tough. I went to buy him some shirts and had to get olive and navy and was sad I couldn't get anything more bright. He knows what looks good on me and I never have to worry when he buys me clothes. I know they will be nice and fit. He is even really helpful when we go together and finds great stuff.

One thing I really appreciate is he will tell me like it is. The other day, my hair looked awful and he didn't mind telling me so. Of course he said it with love and tact and I already knew it was bad. If I ask if an outfit doesn't look right, I really want to know and he will really tell me. That way, if he says something looks good, I can rest easy that it really does and he isn't just saying that.

He has such a strong testimony. When he joined the LDS church, he jumped in with both feet and would get kind of offended when people thought he had just joined for me. When we were first married, people would often remark that they couldn't believe he had only be a member for two years. He enjoys going out with the missionaries and is even going this afternoon.

He can be pretty outgoing which is good for me who can contentedly just sit at home. But he also likes to just sit at home too. He's the perfect blend of introvert and extrovert so that we can stay in at times but still get out and meet new people. Basically, he's pretty much wonderful.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

happy birthday jason! isn't it great to have a fan club?

Chaci said...

Let us know if Jason starts a blog, I want to hear some of these opinions! I can't believe how big Anna's getting--she's such a perfect mix of you too, I can't decide who she looks more like!