I feel like that last post was kind of all over the place, I hope you were able to follow it without too many problems. I guess that's what happens when I haven't blogged in a while and have a lot of things to talk about.
So we are still getting ourselves settled into our new place. The Ikea stuff has been great but we need a drill/electric screwdriver to put up some things like blinds and a coat rack. I have also been going out to get some of the other things that we need that we either didn't want to get there or they didn't have.
Yesterday I bought myself a cell phone. We got Jason one when we first got here but weren't sure about one for me. We figured that if our place had a land line phone we could just go with that. The problem is that since we are only going to be here for a short time, we can't really get into any kind of contract (this is also what is messing up with getting our Internet set up) and Jason wanted me to have a cell phone for when I go out (which I am working on doing at least once a day for all of our sakes). With cell phones, they have 'pay as you go' options which are genius. Maybe they are in the States now too and I've just been gone so long but if they aren't, they should be. My phone was only £10 and I put some money on my little card thing and I can talk at a rate per minute until the money runs out. The carrier that we chose has different animal plans which determine what features you have (like unlimited texts, unlimited night and weekends, things like that). I chose the one with the free international calls. So don't be surprised to get a call from me just to chat.
After I got it, I called Jason to let him know and make sure I remembered his number right. He was totally confused. I was talking kind of quietly and it was loud where he was and he thought I was someone else and didn't know why they would be calling him to tell him they had bought a phone. It took a minute to set him straight and then he was much more chatty.
The other two main things I want to get are a stroller and a high chair. After the airline lost our stroller going to India, we have just been using the Moby Wrap. It's been fine but now I am really ready to have a stroller again. I look longingly at all the moms with strollers. Plus, since I have to walk to go shopping, it's getting annoying carrying her, and the groceries all the way home (not that it's that far but it sure feels it). Plus, I put off buying heavy things or buying too far in advance since I know I will have to carry it home. The problem is, they don't have the exact stroller here that we had and the ones from the same company cost the same number but with a £ sign in front instead of a $. Needless to say, even with the airline paying us back we can't really do that. So I have been looking at other options.
Then with the high chair, we have been feeding Anna just in her car seat but as she gets more wiggly, it's getting harder. The other day when we were at Ikea, we used one of their high chairs and it was wonderful. We looked at buying one of theirs but they don't come with a tray. How useless is that? Again I have been wary of buying one because we have one at home in Phila but couldn't bring it with us so I wouldn't want to take whatever we buy back. I thought about asking at church if anyone has one that we could borrow but didn't. Maybe I'll ask our new friends if they know of anyone in the ward who has one. If not, there is a pregnant lady in the ward and maybe we can buy a simple one and give it to her when we leave or talk her into buying one and letting us borrow it while we are here. We'll have to see.
So those are the two things that I feel like I need to be able to move on with my life. We do need more kitchen stuff too but that hasn't taken over my thoughts quite like the baby stuff has. Amazing how this little person can be all consuming. Hopefully I'll have these things by the end of the weekend. I'll let you know.
5 days ago

2 comments:
The Ikea high chair sells the tray separately. It's like 5 USD. I was confused about that as well. If they don't have it at the store, I know they have it online. Hope that helps!
Ooo! I was just going to comment about the high chairs at IKEA too, but Amanda beat me to it. I have run out of chairs in my house for my portable high chair and stole my Mom's second IKEA high chair to use. It does have a tray. You might consider using your stroller, if you buy one, for a temporary high chair. Anna would be sitting up and strapped in. You could put a plastic garbage bag (poor child safety?) or a sheet behind her to keep it clean.
Post a Comment