We are now safely in Philadelphia. Apparently being on vacation kills my desire to blog. While I do still have some things to talk about about our time in CA, I'll take a minute to write about our getting here.We flew out of San Jose and rented a car to get up there (about a 2 1/2 hr drive). While we are usually Enterprise people, they didn't have any cars for us so we had to go with Hertz. To sing their praises, when we got to the airport, I started thinking about how we were going to get all of our big, heavy bags on the little bus to the terminal. Fortunately, the woman checking our car back in had someone who worked there drive us over to the terminal instead! I was so glad because I couldn't see a way to do it. Then once we got to the terminal, after beating back the skycaps, we did get a hand in with our bags. The airport was pretty empty which was good because we didn't move too fast through security. Apparently, 10 am flights aren't that popular.
The first little flight to Las Vegas had a really bumpy take off. Poor Jason was really pale by the time we got in the air. After that, we all slept for a while. We had the shortest possible layover in Vegas, all of about 20 minutes. The gates were close together so we didn't have any problem going from one to the next. Unfortunately, we didn't have time (at least I didn't feel like we had time) to get food. This was a bad call. I had grabbed a few snacky things from my sister's house before we left but it wasn't very much. Again, we all did a bunch of sleeping on the next flight.
I had heard that flights were getting bare bones but didn't realize the extent. I was expecting the charge for food but paying for drinks took me by surprise. I was also not expecting not having music or movies anymore. That made me sad. I'm thinking from now on, we should only take international flights.

3 comments:
Nathan still gets those when he travels for business. I wonder if the airline makes a difference - which one did you take?
It probably does. We went with US Airways.
Welcome back! You had to pay for drinks? Crazy!
Post a Comment