Thursday, January 29, 2009

Unexpected Gift

So a little while ago, Jason mentioned that he bought me a present and that it would come in the mail at some point. He said it wasn't for anything, just because. Of course he wouldn't tell me what it was (which I hate) so I promptly put it out of my mind. It came today. He got me one of my favorite baby board books - Urban Babies Wear Black.

Now that's a chic baby.

I had forgotten just how funny it is. Each page has something about urban babies and a really funny picture. Possibly the funniest thing about it is how true they all are. It includes things like urban babies visit galleries and enjoy architecture. Plus just about all the babies in the pictures are wearing at least some black. Plus, it's part of a series that included such gems as Beach Babies Wear Shade, Country Babies Wear Plaid, Eco Babies Wear Green, Foodie Babies Wear Bibs and Winter Babies Wear Layers. I haven't read any of the other ones but I bet they are just as fun.


It was because of this book that I had to buy Anna's black shirt in London and was sorely tempted to get a black onesie with a Sex Pistols thing on it. Unfortunately, I just couldn't justify the exorbitant cost at the Portabello Road stall. I've heard that there is a store there that has black onesies somewhere in London but didn't get a chance to get there before we left. I'll have to look for something here. Hopefully I won't have to go to New York to get Anna's next size up black clothes.

3 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

That's great Ellen! I'll be sending you a present for Anna in the mail soon. If I can only get it together enough to put your new address on an envelope and then take that envelope to the post office. It has been sitting on my desk for a week now!

Arizona Girl said...

I've never heard of this book. I'll have to check at the library and see if they have it. It sounds really cute. Did you hear the Dr. thinks I'm having a girl.
have a great day.

Anonymous said...

maybe this website would be helpful: http://www.babyrockapparel.com/blackblanks.html?gclid=CL_EmInEuZgCFQ9JagodVHAXbg