Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Still Alive

We have been in our new apartment for a little over a week now with only a handful of boxes left to unpack. It's amazing how big the place becomes as we put things away and get rid of the boxes. Unfortunately, we don't have the internet up and running yet. There aren't any unprotected wireless options within range so it looks like we will have to actually pay for it. So we are looking at the options available to us. Hopefully, it will be soon and I can start blogging regularly again. Another hurdle to my blogs is that I can't seem to find our camera. I'm sure it made it to Philadelphia and mostly think it made it to our new house but I haven't seen it in a long time. I have high hopes that we will find it as we keep getting things in order and once I do, there will be pictures.

Our apartment is quite a bit smaller than our last place. I was thinking about it and realized that from the time we left Utah a few years ago, we have been moving into smaller and smaller places. In Utah, we lived in a three bedroom duplex. Then our last place here in Philadelphia was a two bedroom house complete with basement storage. Now we are in a two bedroom apartment with just a small storage closet in the basement. Amazingly, we seem to be able to fit everything, it has pretty good closets.

Anna is starting to adjust to our new place. We got our crib in the mail (it was cheaper to mail it to ourselves then it would have been to take it on the airplane) about a week ago and I think Anna is liking having it back. She has found that Daddy has the best toys, much to his chagrin. It's been tough keeping her away from the video game controllers and for some reason, she has been oddly drawn to the Game Cube. At one point, she even pulled it off of the shelf. We put our big black trunk in front of the tv stand to help shield all of the game stuff. It's mostly effective.

We are adjusting to life without a car. We live about a block away from the train station that takes Jason into town for school. There are a number of buses but I haven't had a chance to find out where they go yet. We are also in the neighborhood with a number of friends and they have ever so kindly given us rides to places like the grocery store. We have high hopes that we should be able to live without it for a little while at least.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

i've sure been thinking about you guys. it's hard to go from seeing you every other day for a few weeks to not at all. good luck with the lack of car and the lost camera. i don't know which would be harder for me. just kidding:)