So last night was the Golden Globes. While I didn't watch it, I do love to look at who's nominated, who won and what people wore. I'm kind of funny like that. I was a little surprised when I looked at the list of nominees and hadn't heard of most of them. Like the list of Drama TV shows. I had only even heard of two of them and even then haven't seen any of them. The Comedies were better. The movies not so much (I don't think I've ever even heard of Slumdog Millionaire). This makes it a bit tricky to have any opinion on the winners. That being said, I'm glad 30 Rock did so well and I do like Kate Winslet even if I have no interest in either of her movies. Heath Ledger's win is no surprise. Not to be rude but it almost feels like even if his performance had been so-so, he may have still won the award just because he is dead. Awards can ben sentimental like that. Fortunately, his performance was great (or so I hear) so it is deserved.Then there are the clothes. One of my guilty pleasures is to go to eonline.com and read their fashion police. I don't always agree with what they have to say but I do like to get the commentary on the outfits rather than just the pictures. For the Golden Globes, I thought that most people looked ok. I especially liked Miley Cyrus, Angelina Jolie, Kate Winslet and Hayden Panettiere. Drew Barrymore scared me as did Renee Zellweger and Eva Mendes. And while I liked Anne Hathaway's dress, it really made her look kind of vampirey. I guess, should I ever be on the red carpet (like with Ben although he would probably take Mom or his wife as he will probably be married by then), it can be a lesson to me to not do the same.

No comments:
Post a Comment