Today was Jason's graduation. It was Penn's 235th graduation. In spite of it being an exhausting, long day, it was kind of fun. It all stated with a kind of graduate parade down Locust Walk. (Side note, for some reason, people around here are all about showing off in a parade. For Prom, they have a parade type thing too to show off their dresses before the dance.)
We were waiting for a while so I let Anna walk around. She was having fun walking down the path and, of course, everyone loved her. We had a lot of comments about how great her dress was and that it will be her in a few years. She just lapped up the attention.
After bagpipes and the band, they had alumni walking with flags of the years they graduated. I think they were primarily faculty but I don't really know. The oldest was from 1934.It was all pretty casual. I have to admit though that I got frustrated when people would stop to take pictures and hold up the line. I found myself thinking, "sheesh, undergrads". I must be getting old. After what felt like forever, Jason came.
From there they walked into the stadium and I joined them there. We were able to sit on the lower level under the awning so we could be in the shade. Unfortunately it was kind of chilly there. We also had some space for Anna to walk around so she was able to get through almost all of the ceremony before she started pulling stuff out of the diaper bag and I realized it was time to go.From there we had a lunch with the School of Design then had the school graduation under some tents right outside their building. Again it was chilly in the shade but was warm in the sun. We sat in the shade again. Once things got started, Anna was out.
To add to that, she slept when Jason walked across the stage so I was able to go and take his picture.
This picture. We are so proud of Jason. Every time I saw him I had a little thrill of joy for him. He has worked so hard and done an amazing job and while I don't know where we are going next, I know that he will go on to do amazing things and it will be exciting to follow, watch and support.



2 comments:
Congrats to Jason!!! We're proud of his accomplishment. What are you going to do now?
Great job, Jason! That is such an accomplishment.
Post a Comment