
WE GOT OUR TRUNKS BACK FROM INDIA!!!!
Sorry for the shouting but I was excited. For those of you who don't remember (and I can't blame you seeing as it's probably not something you think about daily) we had to leave some stuff in India and we are just now getting it all back. I'll spare you all the details but in the end we managed to send the office in India money (no small feat in and of itself) and they got the trucks underway.
It was especially exciting because it was unexpected. The office was supposed to email us the tracking number so we could follow them but they never did. We assumed that meant that they hadn't sent them yet. Not so. Apparently all that meant was they were too busy to do it. So yesterday I had gone shopping with a friend and was gone all day and when I got home, there they were. Jason (who was home, thankfully) said they were taped, then encased in styrofoam, then taped again, then wrapped in kind of a burlap bag. When the delivery guy came to the door, he had no idea what they were.
I was so excited that I wanted to open them up right then and go through all of our long lost stuff. I was mostly able to refrain because Anna would have had too much fun with it all. So after taking just a couple of things off the top, we waited until after she went to bed to really dig in.
It was great remembering all of our stuff that we hadn't seen in so long and in some cases had forgotten about completely. Seeing the Indian stuff that we bought there was a little bit strange. Kind of like when you see a friend from school at church and two different parts of your life collide.
We had fun trying on the clothes that we had gotten for ourselves and thinking of when we can wear them. Of course nothing of Anna's fits. I was able to squeeze her into a pair of 9 month overalls today. They're a little short but doable.
When we went to bed last night we realized that in taking everything out, we mostly just put it all in piles around the living room. Of course we were too tired then to do anything about it so we have been working today to get things put away. In doing so, we realize that we now have a ton of some things. When we went to India, I didn't know how much of some stuff we would need (6 months sounded like a long time) so I brought lots. Things like deodorant and razors. Then there were the spices. I wanted to take those with us but since it has been so long, they have pretty much been replaced. So now I have a TON of things like turmeric, garam masala, cardemom. We may need to up our Indian food diet from once a week to several times just to get through it all.
In spite of all of that, I am so glad to have everything here and not have to worry about it anymore.

1 comment:
Yay! i am happy for you. it is good to have your things around you.
Post a Comment