Saturday, May 16, 2009

They Start Getting Ideas, and Thinking

(Beauty and the Beast) It's funny but for some reason, I get surprised when I discover that my friends have different opinions from me. I'm sure it's a maturity thing but sometimes I find myself assuming that people think the same way I do about things and then am surprised when they don't. When Jason and I first got married, this happened all the time, particularly with food. I would make something that I loved and was surprised when he didn't like it.

Sometimes, the same thing happens with my friends. I tend to think that because we are all in similar places in our lives, that they will have come to the same conclusion as myself. We'll be talking about something and they'll express an opinion and I'll wonder because I totally do not agree. Since it's me, I just kind of nod and say something along the lines of, 'oh really?' and listen politely as they continue. Lately, this has happened with various child rearing things. Apparently not everyone thinks their children should be raised the same way as I do. Who knew?

1 comment:

Boo said...

For child-rearing issues, I have one of three reactions: 1- I'll never do that, 2- Good idea, but I don't see me doing it, or 3- When can I start doing that with my kids?