I love being reminded how smart Anna is. Not that I don't think she's smart, it's just that I don't always know what she knows. Well, last night I discovered she's brilliant. We were reading Blue Hat, Green Hat (a Sandra Boynton classic) and talking through it. When we got to the 'Oops' part I would ask where the article of clothing actually goes or where that body part was. On the shirt page I asked where her arms were but didn't really expect her to know because we haven't been working on arms (we've been working on heads, tummies, feet, and various facial features but not arms). Well she surprised me by totally knowing where her arms were. I guess she just picked it up - maybe from the fact that I name the body part when I wash it in the tub.
On a quasi related note, she is really into our routines. When we shower, she plays on the floor (yeah for shower doors instead of a curtain) with some toys we bring in. Generally she does pretty well playing on the floor and seems to be lost in her own little world. Until we turn off the water. Then she gets up and goes straight for our towels. After we get the towels, she goes right to the door to indicate she is ready to leave the bathroom. She knows how this all works.

No comments:
Post a Comment