Yesterday we took Anna to the doctor. She hadn't been to see a doctor (not counting her ear infection in December) since she was 4 months old. We didn't mean for it to go this long. I wanted to get insurance figured out first and by the time I made the appointment, this was the earliest we could do. Fortunately, Anna is pretty healthy so I didn't worry too much.We were able to get an accurate height, weight and head circumference. She weighs 20 pounds and change (for some reason I don't remember the ounces) and is 31 inches tall with her head a whopping 45 centimeters. So that puts her at around the 25th percentile for weight, the 75th percentile for height and the 50th percentile for her head. I had suspected that she was tall and skinny. Her shirts get too short before they get too tight. One would think that she got that from her tall, skinny daddy but he was not tall and skinny when he was her age. He was a chunk.
Sadly, the other part of the appointment was the shots. We had to work on getting her caught up on her vaccinations so we pretty much stuck as much in her as we could. I don't think she is completely caught up yet but she is close. It came out to six shots, three in each arm. I had to hold her and by the time we moved to the second arm, she was getting angry. It wasn't just that it hurt, but that it kept hurting. She wanted to make sure we understood that she was against this. Oh, we got it. At least she didn't hold it against me. When we were done, she did turn to me for comfort.
Funny story. When the nurse was weighing and measuring her, she commented on how compliant she was. Apparently, when kids are around Anna's age, they remember her from the 12 month shots and blood draw (we're going to get her blood drawn at the lab so something to look forward to). Even if she is just weighing them, she can no longer be trusted.

2 comments:
What's the blood draw for? After 5 kids it's never come up for us.
They check iron and lead levels-- especially if you live in an older house.
Post a Comment