Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Change in Plans

Well, we were supposed to be in India right now. However, we are not. Due to a few visa problems, we have had to push our flight back a week. At first, we were pretty upset but after a little bit of time thinking about it, we realized that it was for the best.

Here are the reasons why it is better that we are still in the states (in no particular order):
-It gives my anti-malarial drug a chance to kick in (we went with the one that takes a week to work and were just going to hope for the best.)
-It gives us time to finish up some logistical things before we go.
- We are able to spend some time with family (my brother Josh and his family are letting us stay with them and we are really enjoying that along with my Aunt and Uncle and cousins who live down the street).
-It gives us a little bit of a vacation after the craziness of packing and before the craziness of flying for 18 hours (the previous plan would have had us finish packing, drive 2.5 hours to my brother's house then 5 hours the next day to the airport then get on the plane. What were we thinking?)

Unfortunately with all of the good things, there is one bad thing: it gives me some time to freak out about the fact that I am going to India where we can't drink the water with a baby who will be at the put everything in her mouth stage. Not to mention the fact that we will be in the airplane for a long time and don't even get me started on dealing with the time change while trying to stop feeding her in the middle of the night. Mostly I've been trying not to think about it. I think it's time to go eat a cookie.

1 comment:

Jen said...

wow, I've sure been thinking of you guys living betwixt and between (especially since I know what that's like). I say just eat a cookie and don't think about it too much--or focus on those positives.