5 days ago
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Police Station
So yesterday I casually mentioned that Jason had to go to the Police Station. I guess I should explain that one a little bit. For Jason's Visa he got a year long one (I don't know why it wasn't just 6 months like ours but oh well) and the India government requires people who will be in the country longer than 180 days to register with them within a certain amount of time of coming into the country. Quick mental math will tell you that 180 days is about 6 months and we are only going to be here for 3 so surely that's not us. Well, yes and no. Jason asked about it at work and they said that while he technically does not have to register with the government, it would be a good idea to contact the police station and let them know what is going on and that he is here. So he went the other day but they said there that he needs to go to the main station and talk to the police commissioner so that is what he was wanting to do yesterday. Unfortunately, he was never able to go so I think they'll try today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow. I just got caught up on your adventures, and they are amazing! Funny how in a new place, even seemingly mundane (buying diapers) becomes an expedition, while things that would be a big deal at home (going to the police station) becomes just another errand.
So are you going to eat lots of mangos? If you haven't yet, be sure to try Mango Lhassi. It's my favorite.
Post a Comment