Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Monkeys

Yesterday while Jason and I were out walking, we saw our first monkeys (not this one, we didn't have our camera with us at the time). They were sitting on a house on the side of the road, abut 4-5 of them. They were bigger than I was expecting and not particularly cute. Then, last night when Jason went out for something, he said they were outside our building. This would all be just mildly interesting except for something that Grace said a few days ago. She was commenting on the nice breeze (strong wind) that blows through our house when the doors are open but gave us a warning. She said that we have to be careful that monkeys don't come into the apartment! When she said it, we hadn't even seen a single monkey anywhere, let alone anywhere near our open doors to worry that they would climb inside. I must admit it, we even kind of chuckled and joked that maybe it was just something she said to new people to freak them out rather then the sage advice of a local who knows what she is talking about. So after seeing the monkeys yesterday, I guess it is sage advice after all. Of course, I have no intention of closing my doors during the day, the wind is the only thing that keeps this place relatively cool. So I guess all we can do is keep closing the doors at night and hope that there is nothing particularly interesting about the inside of our apartment to entice monkeys to enter.

1 comment:

brohammas said...

Are you sure Jason wasn't just daydreaming about me and misstook me for a monkey? It is a commmon occurance, both dreaming of me and confusing me for a monkey.