Monday, June 2, 2008

You will be happier

There is nothing quite like the experience of having a baby to start to get an inkling about what God must feel about and for us. Not only the love but the frustrations and the counsel. Just now, as I am putting Anna down for a nap, she doesn't seem to realize that she is tired and if she just goes to sleep, she will be happy. Instead, she seems to think that it's best to cry. When I go and check on her and put her binkie back in her mouth, I tell her to go to sleep, that she will be happier if she does. I don't know how much of that she understands but it reminded me of the Lord. He sees us struggling in whatever we have going on and tries to tell us what we can do to make us happy. From His perspective, He can see what we need much better then we can. Unfortunately, how often do we not hear what He is saying because we are too busy crying for what we think will be best for us. Or even just crying because we know something is wrong but don't know what it is. Our job here on earth seems to be to listen to what the Lord tells us and follow it to achieve the happiness that He knows will come when we do. It is my testimony that He does know what is best for us and what will make us happy and we can be happy as we follow His counsel. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

Calangelbear said...

Thank you Ellen. That is exactly what I needed today. Things have been really crazy lately, and I just keep on hoping and praying that everything will work out for the best.