5 days ago
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Baby Sleeps
I have decided that baby sleeping is really funny. Not just the way they move around in their cribs (which can be quite humorous) but the amounts and times. I have to say, it's not like adult sleep schedules.
When adults are tired, they go to sleep. I have even known people to fall asleep while doing other things such as watching movies (and done it myself, I admit). When babies get tired, they just get cranky (not that adults don't get cranky too but it is usually quieter when they do) and if you wait too long, they get too tired to go to sleep. Before I had Anna, that seemed like the funniest thing ever. Now I know.
Then there is how long they sleep. If an adult stays up later than usual, they will sleep in later. Not so with babies. If they stay up late, they wake up at the same time and are cranky without being able to go back to sleep until the next scheduled sleeping time. Ironically, if they go to sleep earlier, they either wake up earlier, the same time or later. The last one is the one that I really don't understand. It probably has something to do with sleep cycles. I have noticed that now that Anna is sleeping through the night (again) she sleeps in later in the morning.
At least one thing I do understand is how much they sleep. Anna sleeps for about 12 hours at night (ish) and takes either two hour long naps or one two hour nap (she is in the lovely transitional stage). If you think about, babies more than double their weight in a year. Plus, everything is bigger than them so it takes a lot of energy to move things, lift things or carry things. I've heard about baby fairs that have toys that compare to the adults that are like toys to kids. After a short time, the adults are pooped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment