I have been reading to Anna since she was tiny. She never seemed too interested in what I was reading, as long as it wasn't too long, so I just read what I liked. I was fun watching her as she seemed to be more aware of what was going on. Starting with turning her head as I turned the page and then moving on to turning the page for me.Recently she seems to have started enjoying reading all on her own and has book preferences. She is a big fan of Spot. These books have little flaps that she loves. We bought a couple of them from a thrift store in London. At first, I was doing the flap lifting. After a while, she figured out how to do it herself. I thought that she just knew where to lift because we had been reading the book for so long. Then a got a new one out of the library and on the first time through, she went right to the right flap and lifted it the right way (they don't all go up and down).
Since she has this new preference, I have started letting her choose her books at bedtime. We have a big book case in her room that has cubes of space. We put all of her books in one cube at just her height so she can get to them. Ironically, she doesn't mess with any of the other books, just hers. She'll walk over to her books and look at them for a little while and choose the books that she wants to read that night. It's totally cute.

2 comments:
if brennan had his way, i would do nothing but read to him all day.
so fun! I love the sandra boyton books you guys own. I would read those all day! Hey, do you know how I can change my background on my blog?
Post a Comment