Last week, was quite a week for me. Rather than talk about what I did, I'm going to try to put a finger on what I learned.
-Moms need to take care of themselves so they can take care of their family. So often, we as women put ourselves on the back burner thinking it is more important to care for other people. What we don't realize is that when we do that, we are doing everyone a disservice. We cannot care for others if we are not ok ourselves.
-The power of humility. With life's ups and downs, we tend to think we can handle things ourselves or with us and the Lord. Sometimes, there are things we can't do ourselves and when we find ourselves in that position, we need to have the humility to reach out to those we love or even to professionals and ask for help.
-When we do that, those we love are concerned and want to help.
-It is important to finish the things we start. When we don't, we run around and around but don't accomplish anything. Plus, when things are finished, we receive piece of mind.
-Avoiding things we don't want to do doesn't help. Whatever we are avoiding will still be there when we return and it is usually worse because of the delay.
-Anna takes better naps when it is dark.
If I'm really lucky, I'll actually be able to remember and apply these lessons.
5 days ago

2 comments:
i thought i wrote a comment, but it is not here so i will try again. thank you for sharing your lessons. these are very good for me as i thought i was busy before, then i had a baby, was called to be the young women's president, and nathan is out of town for the week. these are very good things to keep in mind. i miss you around here.
Wow! That's an amazing list! I've listened to these items a lot in my life, but never really internalized them. Now I have been compelled to internalize these truths. The thing I've learned the most from this past week is that it is a lot better to humble yourself and have faith in others and in the Prophets and their teaching first, rather than to be compelled to be humble. I pray that I will always retain in rememeberance this sweet lesson and Christ's mercifully way of always allowing me to progress and change and improve.
Post a Comment