Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Enjoy Being a Girl

I'm not huge on nail polish. It bugs me how quickly it chips off (I know there are ways to help it stay longer but it still chips off) and once it starts, I just have to keep going until all of my fingers are color free. Then there is color choice. Generally, I don't like dark colors on my fingers. Plus, if you are going to draw attention to your fingernails, you kind of should file them and make them look pretty (I have a habit of letting them grow until they get excessively long and misshapen and then tear them to a good length and forget about them once again).

The one thing I like to do with nail polish is to paint my toenails. This way, you can choose any crazy color you like and it's ok (I have red, pink and purple). You don't have to worry about it matching your outfit. Plus, the color stays on a long time (practically forever in the winter when I wear socks and shoes all the time) and when it does finally chip, it's ok because it's only your toes. I've gotten to the point where I think my feet look funny without colorful toes.

So it should come as no big surprise when I was clipping Anna's toenails yesterday and decided they needed a little color. (I figure toes are safer than hands on babies because I don't want her eating the polish chips.) I did try pink on her feet a little while ago but it was light and hard to see. This time I decided to go with red. Not only is it bolder but it matched what she was wearing. So here are her red toes.


I love the way it looks on her and I think she likes it too. After I was done, she was intrigued with her new look. This may be the start of a regular thing. We'll have to see how long it stays on.

2 comments: