Spring is a funny season. I don't know if I really like it or not. Usually by the time it comes around, I'm ready for it to be warm and that's the problem. I want the temperature to jump to mid to upper 60s right away but it never seems to do that. The 50s feel like they need to make an appearance. To me, the 50s are kind of a nebulous no man's land temperature. It's not cold but it isn't warm either so you end up either a little bit chilly with a light jacket or too warm with your coat.
Then there is the inevitable false spring. You all know what I'm talking about, especially Utah people. Usually in February, it gets really warm - the 60s. Since things have been so cold for so long it feels like shorts weather. Everyone gets all excited and brings out their t-shirts and spends time outside. Then, winter comes back. In Utah, it usually involves snow. The funny thing about that is when it does get cold again, no one wants to admit it to themselves. I find that I wear a lighter jacket in the same temperature that previously would have worn my coat for and am chilly.

At least it does get warm and the flowers are beautiful. Apparently I like spring after all.



1 comment:
Around here they're forcasting a bunch of snow for tonight. I stocked up on bread and milk and chocolate chips at Walmart, while apparently the entire county has a similar plan.
Post a Comment