Sunday, March 15, 2009

Our Place

So it occurred to me that we haven't posted pictures of our place yet. While it's not as interesting as our last two places, I figured I would put them up so you can have an idea of where we are living now. I tried to have Anna give us a tour again but she just wasn't into it (too busy with her own walking agenda).

Here is our living room from the view of the dining room. The window is to the right, you can see the front door and the bedrooms are to the left. We plan on putting in an area rug once we get it cleaned.

And here is said dining room. It's almost more like an extension of the kitchen with a table in it. We are so glad we had the island and the shelving unit already because there really wasn't enough room in the kitchen for all of our kitchen things.

And here is said too-small kitchen. As I said, not big. I have found that I use the drawer unit to put all of the mail and various paper mess that seems to pile up in the kitchen so I can use the two counters for cooking. The dishwasher is a little funny in that it doesn't seem to be bolted in so when I extend the drawers, the whole thing leans out a bit. It worried me at first but mostly I try to use it in such a way that it doesn't lean too far and leave it at that.

Here is our bedroom. You can't really tell, but it's good sized. It has room for a 'desk' (drafting table made flat) for Jason to work from home, along with all of our other bedroom stuff. The closet, to the left is actually big enough for all of our clothes, with room to spare, and they are accessible.

Then we have Anna's room/library/where all the other random crap goes. She has been really good about not taking the books off of the shelves and doesn't seem to mind the left over boxes. Her room is just off of the living room and our room is to the left/down the hall a bit. Also in the hall is a coat closet and a linen closet with a bathroom at the end.

Now, I don't usually include pictures of the bathroom but this one is too funny to pass up. When you first go in, you think that the fact that the sink, toilet and tub are the same color as the walls is simply due to bad lighting. Then you look closer and see that no, in fact, they are the same color. And an ugly color at that. The walls are a bit more yellow so not as ugly. Then there is the floor. Someone thought that the best choice would be a cobalt blue floor in really small tiles. If you ever just look at the floor and ignore the rest of the room, the blue is actually really pretty but the rest of the room kind of detracts from that fact. The whole effect is just funky.

So that is where we live these days. Not big but seems to be working out for us. We also have a small storage unit downstairs along with coin laundry. We are close to a train station, some of our friends, a library and not far from a bus stop. All in all, a nice enough place for a few months.

5 comments:

Judy and Lloyd Abbott said...

Looks cozy. --Dad

Hilary said...

what is it with philadelphia and funky bathroom colors? as i recall, wasn't your last one macoroni and cheese in color?

Mrs Abbott said...

Very accurate description of your place, having been there myself, and the bathroom is way funky! I'm glad you can handle it though and that it wasn't a deal breaker for you! Let us know when you guys know more about your future plans!

Ann said...

Jason has impeccable sitting posture! He must actually lift with his legs and not his back, huh?

Boo said...

Our dishwasher used to do the same thing. We put in two screws at the top, and now it's fine.

Cute place, by the way.