
I love finishing projects. There is the sense of accomplishment that comes with having whatever I was working on to now use/wear. Plus the mental break of no longer having it on my mental list of things I should be working on. Ironically, I also love starting things. There is nothing like the possibility of putting together the pattern with the fabric/yarn. I love walking through craft stores and thinking of all the options. Then, once I have decided what to do, the excitement of what I'll have when I'm finished and the joy of having something to do with my hands when I'm watching tv or a movie. Plus, when it comes to knitting, I love the beginning when I don't have to think about it too much and can just knit and purl longs rows.

The real problem is the middle. Once the excitement and the novelty wear off, it gets kind of boring. Plus, I get discouraged when it seems to be taking forever. And for knitting, the worst part is when I have to sew it all together. This part takes focus and concentration. I can't do this while watching tv. Plus, I'm not as confident in it so I don't feel like my seams look that good.
For this reason, I have a number of projects that I have started but not finished. When I pulled out my knitting bag, I found three different projects that simply need to be sewn together. So naturally, I decided to start something new with some left over yarn. I made a cell phone cozy and since it was such a small project, I was able to do it all in a couple of sittings (before getting bored with it). The seam was even so simple that I did it while watching tv. Now if only I could hold onto the excitement enough to finish the other three projects I'm working on.

Technically, it's not really done. I should sew in some velcro to hold it closed but as it is functional as it is, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

3 comments:
cute!
double cute!!
Did you know that yarn stores often have people that do finishing for you? I don't know what it costs, but then you'll have your new thing and done so professionally it'll look, well, professional.
Post a Comment