Thursday, May 8, 2008

Daddy Daughter Time


I have always wanted Jason to be able to take care of our kids on his own. That is a major reason why I wanted to go back to work, so Jason would have a chance to be with Anna and take care of her so that when I have to leave them for whatever reason, I know that things are going to be ok. I have also been working on giving him chances to be a part of taking care of her as much as he can. When he is home, I leave her with him when I shower, allow him to get her dressed in the morning and even put her to bed. He is very good at it. One time, when she was younger, he was getting her dressed I was watching. He politely asked me to back off (he's very tactful, more so than me) and said that I was hovering. Since then, I have worked very hard to give them space when they are together. This can be hard with a control freak like me but I think I have succeeded. That was confirmed to me last night. Anna needed a bath and I was making dinner. I said we could bathe her when dinner was in the oven and Jason just went ahead and gave her her bath. I was so glad that 1. he took the initiative and bathed her and 2. that he and she were comfortable enough with each other that it went great.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I totally agree that dads need to be able to take care of their babies by themselves - good for mom, good for dad, good for baby.