Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Today is my first Mother's Day as a technical mother. So far it's been very nice but different. Let me explain. This weekend I am in Arizona with Anna but not Jason. My best friend (aside from Jason) got married yesterday and I flew here for the wedding (more on that when I get home). I am staying with my dad's cousin and her family. When I got up his morning the kids were giving roses to their mom and surprised me with a few for me. It was totally unexpected and appreciated. Then we went to church and they had the primary children sing songs which were very cute and had three talks on mothers and motherhood. I was glad that none of them talked too much about their mothers as I don't know them and it would have been less interesting. Instead their talks were very interesting and I cried for a goodly amount of the meeting. I guess motherhood has made me all sensitive. Although I have missed Jason (especially since I left the cards that he got for me at home) it's been a good day so far and I look forward to calling my mom this evening.

2 comments:

Amanda K said...

I was wondering where you were on Sunday! Hope your trip was great. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Ellen, that's interesting -- when we lived in Frederick, I flew without Kristen to a friend's wedding in Arizona in March.

-Nathan