(Groundhog Day) Yesterday was a good day. It started out with getting jewelry in the mail. Naturally this didn't just show up all on it's own, we were expecting it. Way back in August, we went to a jeweler in San Luis Obispo while we were visiting family and we asked him to make the ring for us out of some spare parts we had. Let me give a little bit of history. When I turned 18, Jason and I had been dating for about a year and a half and he wanted to buy me a sapphire ring (my birthstone) for my birthday. This prompted a lot of speculation as to what it meant but to me it was just a birthday present (whether that was also what Jason was thinking or thought of it as something more and I was just dense, I don't know. I was pretty dense in our dating so that is a distinct possibility). Then, for our three year wedding anniversary, Jason bought me a pair of sapphire stud earrings but when we were moving out of our house in Utah, I lost one of them. Then, about a year ago, we were in the car and I looked down at my ring and saw that the stone was gone. So we asked the jeweler to put the now single earring in the empty space of the ring and then bought some earrings to replace the first pair. It took them a while to make it then it took us a while to pay for it but it finally happened and I got them both in the mail yesterday. And there was much rejoicing "Yeah" (Monty Python and the Holy Grail).Then last night we had a party. It was a movie fondue party. This is not where we watch a movie about fondue but one in which we eat chocolate fondue while watching people's favorite movie clips. I got the idea (the movie clip part, who needs inspiration for eating chocolate fondue?) from my brother's work Christmas party one year. It sounded like fun so I thought we would try it. And it was a lot of fun. There were some fun movie clips from such great movies as Napoleon Dynamite, Nacho Libre, Hero (Jet Li), Clue (a personal favorite), Ratatouille, and Moonstruck and probably more that I can't think of right now. I hadn't realized how many people we had invited until they were all in our kinda small living room (I'm more of a small group person) but it was a lot of fun.


1 comment:
I love movie clip parties--we did that for FHE sometimes in our singles' ward. Chocolate fondue would've been a great addition.
Post a Comment