Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Daredevil Daddy

I can already tell that Jason will be the one to add excitement to our kids' lives. He is definitely the one who wants Anna to try new things while I am more cautious thinking she is too young for whatever. The other day, we went for a walk and wanted to take a little break so we went to sit down on the grass. The only blanket we had was her receiving blanket that I keep in the diaper bag for a nursing cover-up mostly and was going to get that out to put Anna on. Jason thought we should put her right on the grass and see how she liked it. So although I was a little bit wary (why I don't know now) we did and I think she liked it. It's hard to say, she didn't fuss but she had never held her head up for so long at one time before or since.

Then last night we were out to dinner at Olive Garden and Jason thought we should see how Anna liked the minestrone soup. So he dipped his finger in the broth and let her suck it off. She loved it. Every time he would do that, she would suck on his finger as if she was trying to get more out of it. She didn't like the sweet and sour apricot sauce and wasn't quite sure about the melted butter with garlic or the Italian dressing. We've given her different taste sensations before. I shared with her the last time we had sweet and sour sauce. That time she furrowed her brow but had more. After all thins I think I'm kinda excited to get her going on solids when the time comes.

No comments: