Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Wedding

Tasanee and Cory coming out of the temple

So finally about the wedding. It was great. This was my best friend Tasanee (the name is Thai, she isn't) and she married a guy named Cory. I'd heard about this guy since she met him and had been pulling for him all along. They are so cute together.
The babies on the grass waiting for them to come out.

The wedding was in the afternoon. I helped her family finish setting up the reception and got to see Tasanee a little bit beforehand. They were married in the Mesa temple. Unfortunately I was not able to be in the temple because my recommend had expired (as you can tell, it's been a while since I've been to the temple). Surprisingly, I was not as bummed as I thought I would be. Instead, I watched my friend Amber's baby in the visitor's center with Anna. We hung around for pictures a little bit then went to the reception place where they had sandwiches.

As you can see, I got a haircut right before I went. I don't know if I like it yet or not.

A little later they had a ring ceremony for his family. It was outside and pretty hot. I was glad they they didn't have the reception outside like Tasanee wanted. That would not have been that fun. The ring ceremony was very nice. There were two musical numbers and then their bishop talked about marriage and they exchanged rings.
The ring ceremony

Immediately following the ring ceremony was the reception. This was indoors and very nice. The food was really good and the decorations were lovely. Her colors were blue and silver. There were a ton of people there. A number of people had come from out of town to be there. Like me, I'm sure it was prompted by the fact that she was at their wedding. Tasanee's loyal like that.

Their first dance.

Anna went to sleep for the night before the ring ceremony and slept through the whole thing. While it was nice to have her sleeping, I kinda missed her. Naturally I didn't get to talk to Tasanee like I would have liked but that was to be expected. It was all very nice and I was glad that I had gone.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm so happy for Tasanee! By the way, your new haircut looks great--I vote for liking it.