Anna had a big weekend. After the party on the 4th, there was another work party on Saturday night. This one was bigger, catered and had a lot more people with their families. There were games and it was outside. Again Anna did great. I almost didn't go because she fell off the bed again and had a shorter late nap. I wasn't sure she would cooperate. We went anyway and were prepared to leave if necessary. It wasn't. She was passed around and did great with all the new people. There would be times when I would look for her with the person who had her last and she wouldn't be there but wouldn't be far off with someone else. Such the social butterfly. Must be from her daddy because it is sure not from me.With these two late nights in a row, I think it broke her of the habit of waking up in the night to eat. She has been waking up once in the night around 2 or 3 or 4 ish to eat and on Sunday night I was all ready to start cutting down on how much I feed her each time so we could gradually stop eating (I didn't think I could just let her cry). But then she didn't wake up until Monday morning. Granted it was a little bit earlier than usualy but it was morning. She did it again Monday night so I'm hopeful that the habit has broken without any effort on my part.
Then on Sunday, I was reading through What to Expect the Frist Year at the list of developmental accomplishments. One thing it said she "may possibly be able to do" by five months is sit without support. This is something she has been working on and can sit really well with something behind her. She has started sitting on my lap without something behind her so I thought I would check to see if she could sit on the floor all by herself and she did! It generally wasn't for too long before she would start to reach for something and start to topple a little bit but still.
And since she showed she was such a big girl with her sitting up all by herself, I decided to cut her hair. This is something I've been meaning to do for a long time but just haven't gotten around to it but since she was sitting there all by herself I figured I would try. So I cut off her baby mullet and around her ears. It was a little bit tricky, even with a toy to distract, because holding one's head still is boring but I got it all in the end. She looks so different. Jason pointed out that she looks like a boy and she does a little bit but now her neck is bare which has to feel good. I decided to keep the hair in a baggie. I was going to just throw it away because I didn't have an envelope but when the time came to toss it, I couldn't. So, it's in a ziplock baggie labeled with her name and the date of the cut.

1 comment:
I always watch what Anna is doing to see what Katrina has in the near future. She has no hair, so no hair cuts for a while I'm sure. She just started turning to the side this week and can grab on to her toes. It's a different experience with her. Most of my kids have done the stuff on the "will probably be able to" list. Katrina is only doing stuff on the first list. The one that if they're not doing you should worry. By the way, I loved the pig tails on the 4th. Super cute!
Post a Comment