When we came here, almost all of our luggage made it with us. The one thing that decided to take it's own vacation was our stroller. We did have the car seat though so we figured if we had to lose one of the two the stroller was the better one to lose. Before we left the airport we filed a claim and they gave us a number to call. This past week I finally got around to calling the airline to see if they had any idea about where it might be. They said that they had a tagless stroller at the airport and we could go see if it was ours. I did try to call back to see if we could get any more particulars as to what it looked like so if it was obviously not ours we wouldn't have to go out there but to no avail.So on Saturday, when we had a car and driver for our shopping trip, we went to the airport to investigate. Since all flights seem to come in in the middle of the night, there was no one there except workers, a couple of guards at the door and couple of employees. Because Jason's name was the only one on the baggage slip, he was the only one who could go in the airport. I didn't really get that but I don't argue with a guard who has a gun over his shoulder so I waited outside. The guards were very nice as I waited and offered me some chai (I think) and enjoyed Anna.
After a while Jason came out with a pad of paper and some questions. He said that our stroller wasn't there and he was filling out a claim form. Later, when he was done, he said that there were a ton of strollers that they had him check them all a couple of times, just to make sure. Most of them were umbrella strollers and none of them were ours (one good thing about our stroller is it is unique). So he filed a claim and said it seemed to be approved and they said they would send a check for the cost of the stroller in rupees to his work within 10 days.
So while we are sad to lose the stroller, we're glad they are replacing it without us having to show them the receipt or anything (I've heard of airlines doing that for the contents of lost luggage) and now we will be able to have the stroller's seat with us in London (we left the seat in Philly because we didn't really have room to take it with us and while we have the car seat to use for the seat, she will probably want to face forward and sit up more before we are back in Philly).

No comments:
Post a Comment