The people from work with the bride and groom who are in the middle in red and black, respectively. Grace is in the back in teal and her daughter and husband are in front of and next to her.Last Thursday we went to a wedding reception for a girl that Jason works with. Naturally I forgot the camera but some other people from work took some pictures so we have a couple. Apparently the girl is Muslim and her husband is Hindu. I can only guess neither of them are really strict about it. The guy that we got a ride with said that they had a Muslim ceremony one day and a Hindu one the next. We went to neither of these. What we went to was more low-key. It was at a hotel in a banquet hall type place. There were chairs set up on either sides of the room with a few chairs for the bride and groom at the front. They didn't have a receiving line quite like we would think of it but people would go up to them at their chairs and say hi and get their picture taken with them.

Dhara (works with Jason) and her fiancee with Anna. They both love Anna and she seems to like them too. Dhara took her practically when she arrived and had her most of the time. The pigtails were a request from Grace.
When we got there, there were candles lining the walkway to the door which was really pretty. We got there before the bride and groom and the hotel had people walking around passing out some kind of drink. I'm not sure what it was but it was white and had a foam layer on the top and was good. After the room filled up a bit and we had our picture taken with the couple, they served soup. There were two different kinds so Jason and I each got one and shared. One was a tomato but with sweetish spices in it and we don't remember what the other one was but it was broth based, a little bit spicy and pretty good. They had different chutneys that we could have added to our soups for more spice. Naturally we felt they were spicy enough as they were.

Anna reaching for the flowers while we were waiting for the group shot above. It seems that at weddings, you bring flowers with glitter for the couple. It even said no gifts on the invitation.
After the soup, they opened up another room with a full dinner buffet. There were lots of different things and I had a little bit ot everything. I didn't think anything was really that spicy and it was all good. There weren't any tables set up but there was a bar along the wall where we ate. Not everyone sat at the bar though, a lot of people just stood and ate. One thing that struck me when we were eating was how quiet the room was. There were a lot of people there and either no one was talking or people just talked quietly. After we ate, our ride was ready to go home which was good because Anna was getting tired. It was fun but as I said, low key. I admit I was a little disappointed.

1 comment:
I need you to check your email again, your skype voice mail, and give me a call. New forms and situation.
Post a Comment