Well it looks like the monsoons have come. It's rained at least once every day this week. And I'm not just saying little showers. It will be a full on deluge. I'm amazed at how well it cools thins down. Generally the temperature will be in the nineties but last night after the rain but before the sun went down it was in the 70s! Jason even put on pants.
This would be a great time to leave the doors open and keep things cool except that we have no screens. The first night after it rained we left the doors open while we were up and were inundated with bugs. They weren't really big bugs but there were lots of them and they were kind of creepy and annoying. So since then we have learned that when the sun goes down, the doors need to be closed. Unfortunately this still doesn't keep all the bugs out. We still have some coming in through the bathroom windows (which don't really close all the way) and under the non-sliding doors. The past couple of nights I have seen a cricket on the floor.
With all of this rain, we don't have it as bad as Mumbai. Before Jason got sick we were thinking about going there this weekend what with the holiday and all (even though the 4th of July isn't a holiday in India, we think Jason gets the day off because it's an American company). Naturally with his recovering we have decided to stay home. I was looking online yesterday and it said that Mumbai was flooded with water up to people's knees. Lookes like we dodged a bullet. Of course I don't know when we will be able to go to Mumbai now. I don't know if it will just get worse or if there we will be a less wet time or if we will just have to go and be wet. We'll have to see.


No comments:
Post a Comment