Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Protection

I love it when I can look back on things and see where the Lord, with His greater knowledge, has protected me and/or my family. Last week, there was a possibility that we were going to be able to go to Bangalore (in the south) for the weekend. A project that Jason is working on is down there and they thought he would be a part of a group that would go down and present what they have so far. It wasn't for sure but I REALLY wanted to go. We kept talking about traveling around the country while were are here and so far, none of it has worked out. We've barely even been able to explore Ahmedabad.

The weekend came and we didn't go anywhere. I was surprisingly not as bummed as I thought I would be. I just kind of took it in stride. Then on Saturday I got an email from the US state department (we registered our trip with them so they know we are here and they send us emails occasionally) talking about bombings in Bangalore on Friday afternoon. This was the first I heard about them but if we had been there, that is exactly when we would have been out sightseeing and probably right where the blasts were.

Then on Saturday after Jason got off work, we were interested in driving around a bit either before or after grocery shopping. Unfortunately, the driver had other commitments and we were only able to go to the store and home. We thought about getting a rickshaw but decided to wait until it got cooler with the evening but then it was dinner time and Anna had to go to bed so yet again we didn't get out. As we were eating dinner, John from work came over and asked if we had heard about the bomb blasts in Ahmedabad. We didn't know anything about it. Apparently there were a number of blasts in Old City that killed and injured a number of people. Fortunately, we were safely at home and far away from Old City.

These two experiences remind me that not only is Heavenly Father protecting us from danger but from disappointment. I could have been really upset about staying at home in both of these instances but I wasn't. And I have renewed faith in His willingness to protect me so that in the future, when I don't know why things happen, I do know that they aren't just happening and that helps me accept them.

No comments: