Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Couch Potato

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. Unfortunately I don't have a good reason, I'm ashamed to admit I have been watching TV online. Because I'm outside of the US, I can't watch the shows on the websites for the networks like I did in the States. I tried and they all just say they are unavailable from my location. At first I was really bummed because with the move and Jason being done with school, I missed the season finales from almost all of my shows. Then, a friend told me about the coolest website ever. It's called Surf the Channel and they have tv shows and movies. They don't actually have the content on their site, when you choose something to watch, it opens a player that gets the information from another site and streams it from them. There are whole seasons of all kinds of things from new shows to old.

Then there are the movies. The quality isn't always the best (some movies are obviously from a camera that was sneaked into the theater) but there are a lot of options. Sometimes too many. There are nights we take too much time choosing something so that we never actually get to the movie because by then it's too late to start something.

Another down side is the amount of time it takes. While our internet connection is pretty good, some of the sites that it takes the content from stream kind of slowly. Sometimes we have to pause the movie or show and let it stream a little so we can watch it without catching up and having it stop.

So the past few days I have been watching NCIS. This is a show that I started watching and had to catch up on the end of the season which was sad and I'm not really sure where they are going to go starting next season. Then I started watching the beginning of the series starting with the pilot. I'm telling myself that now that I have seen until the current team is assembled, I'm going to stop. Although if I stop watching it, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. Hopefully I'll start actually doing things like laundry and dishes.

No comments: