
(My Best Friend's Wedding) And really, why would it want to. For Christmas last year, I got a creme brulee set, complete with blow torch (totally cool) and a cook book of all different kinds. Last week I finally got around to trying it out. I guess I can blame pregnancy and working then the new baby (they're convenient like that) for why it took so long. Anyway, it was really good. I've decided that I really like custard in all it's varieties. It was really easy to do too. There really aren't that many ingredients and I even came up with my own variation of a sorts (which I normally don't do at all, I'm a firm believer in recipes and don't trust myself to have it come out ok). I think the best part about making it myself is I can control how cooked the sugar gets on top. One problem I have with getting it at restaurants is I feel like they over brulee the sugar and it just tastes like burnt sugar. When I made it, the sugar was hardened but not yet totally brown so it didn't taste burnt, just perfect.
2 comments:
First, I love My Best Friends Wedding. Total Classic. Second, I know what you mean about doing things with Jason home (I know, different post, but I figured I could combine my responses since you would read it all anyway). Pete studies at home and it took a little getting used to. Anyway-- I'm jealous of your creme brulee.
This is a test comment.
Post a Comment