
Jason has been home a lot more lately. He got a laptop computer a little while ago. This was partly because he was going to need one anyway for the London studio class and partly because his other computer was giving him a hard time. We had fought this a little bit because we're not huge fans of doing work at home. Generally, when he is home we want him to be mentally and emotionally home. The problem with that thinking is that he was never home (and I mean never). So we finally got the laptop and he is home a lot more now (not that that would be hard to do). I think I like it. I have a bad habit of getting into routines and getting kind of edgy when my routine gets interrupted, even if it's a good interruption. I have gotten better at internalizing the fact that Jason is more important than whatever I had planned, even if it was just in my head. To an extent I also feel like I can't get things done with him sitting on the couch working like I would if he wasn't there. I don't know why, it's not like he is in my way. It's more like I feel a little bit self-conscious of what I am either doing or not doing. One definite plus is that with Jason on the couch, I can't really watch t.v. To an extent this can be a little annoying because there are some shows that I really like to watch. However, on the whole this is good for me because I was watching too much t.v. with him at school. It wasn't even good shows, I was watching crap just because Anna was in bed and Jason was at school and then I was staying up too late watching more crap because there was no one to tell me to go to bed. This is what happens without adult supervision. So now there are a couple of shows that I still watch but I don't watch anything else because it is distracting to him. Go me.
2 comments:
I get WAY more done when Uche is at work--at least if you consider blogging and reading blogs as getting things done.
So what are the shows you stick to (which I assume aren't the crappy ones).
I like Dancing with the Stars (I even voted last week, it's much more exciting when you do), NCIS, and Numb3rs as ones to watch on tv. There are a couple more I watch online.
Post a Comment