Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Owwwww


Yesterday I went back to my exercise class for the first time since having Anna. Needless to say, today I hurt. The class is great. It's called Baby Boot Camp and I found out about it on the internet. I started going relatively early on in my pregnancy but was only able to go on days that I had off work which ended up being about once a week. I like to think it was good for me even if it didn't seem to cut down on how long I was pushing. Anyway, there were three people there, each with babies and we had to do things like traveling lunges and side squats and supermans and push-ups and more. I think the trickiest one was where you lay down on the floor with your feet on a big ball then you lift the hips off the floor and roll the feet towards you. The first couple were ok until the teacher let go off the ball, then my feet were going all over the place. My balance is not what it once was. In fact, it's even worse then it was when I was pregnant. I didn't really have any problems with balance then but now I really have to be careful. The exercise instructor said it was because my core is weak which I can totally see. Hopefully this class can help with that, at least until we jump the country. Which reminds me, we have heard back from Jason's school and we are officially going to London in the fall to study abroad. It was dicey for a little while b/c at first only 4 people signed up but now they have 10 people so it's a go for launch (Apollo 13). We are way excited although it's strange to think that we will be out of the country for 7 months which will include the elections. Of course that may not be a bad thing. I'm already getting annoyed with campaign ads and am so glad we don't have a land line phone so we don't get calls. We will just have to see what it will take to get absentee ballots.

2 comments:

Chaci said...

Wait, I'm confused now. London, and India? Maybe I just need to read more carefully?

Amanda K said...

We get calls even on our cell phones... India this summer and London this fall right?