So when I notice that she is getting tired or it's about time for her to be getting tired, I'll put her in her crib and let her cry until she sleeps. At night, this works great. She goes to sleep without too many problems and generally will only cry for a little bit. During the day it's another story. She'll cry for at least half an hour. I start to wonder if maybe I misread the signs and she's not tired after all but I stay strong and keep her in there "just a little bit longer". I do go in every so often and calm her a little bit and put the binkie back in her mouth. The problem is that I'm generally doing other things while I wait for her to go to sleep (like read email and blogs) so I kind of loose track of time. So while she is screaming, I'll look at the clock and realize that 15 minutes have gone by since I last checked on her. Oops. Fortunately she is still happy to see me after all of this.
5 days ago

2 comments:
Way to go, Ellen. That's the way to do it. She'll catch on quickly, especially at this age. You might want to try to darken the room and add a noise maker. That always helps my babies nap better.
I do the same thing... the first 5 minutes are rough and then, I'm all, what? my baby is crying? So much for the mother gene
Post a Comment